Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Chp 13. Novocain1

Take away the sensation inside
Bitter sweet migraine in my head
Its like a throbbing tooth ache of the mind
I can't take this feeling anymore

Drain the pressure from the swelling,
The sensations overwhelming,
Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright
Tell me that I won't feel a thing
So give me Novocain 1

Out of body and out of mind
Kiss the demons out of my dreams
I get the funny feeling, that’s alright
Jimmy says it's better than air,
I’ll tell you why …

The name of the song is “Give me Novocain”, from the latest Green day Album “American Idiot”. Click
here to download a sample of the song. I’ve been playing it for the umpteenth time today. The way the song starts and the lyrics flow, go so well with what I’m going thru right now.

This swollen pain on my leg won’t just go away, however hard I wished it to disappear. Life sux, especially when you are so used to physical activities. You can’t walk, leave alone run. You fall behind when walking with frens bcoz of the limp. Climbing up or down the stairs is a Herculean task. And at night, you cannot sleep in your favorite position…

But where there is rain, there’s always that rainbow. Some of the advantages of having a ligament tear is…
• Your frens pamper you!
• You get the front seat of the car whenever you are going out (No more fighting for that special place).
• Front seat means you’re the DJ. You play what songs you like in the car even if the other ppl at the back seat don’t like the music *muah ha ha*
• You don’t feel guilty about ordering food from outside for every single meal bcoz after all, you cannot walk to the hostel cafeteria with that leg (although my room IS the closest room to the mess in the entire hostel campus)
• You just sit in your room and watch movies the whole day
• If you are falling behind work or not doing what you’re supposed to do and the people in-charge reprimand you, you just tell them “ligament tear” and their attitude towards you immediately changes!

Ofcourse there are certain downsides, like tomoro will be the 3rd Strategy class I will miss. Its really tough getting up for the 1st lecture in the morning with a leg like this, and especially if you have taken pain-killers just before sleeping. I found that out today. You know, this leg does not bother me that much. I can limp where I want to go. But early in the morning, when it hurts the most bcoz of it being stationary thru-out the night and also bcoz of the morning cold air, well, lets just say classes are the last thing on my mind. So if I bunk 3 classes, that means I got just 3 bunks left out of the remaining 25 lectures! In a way this is good. It will motivate me to go regularly for the remaining classes.

Right now we are doing the Pepsi vs Cola war in Strategy class. I feel bad missing it. Our prof Ram C is God when it comes to strategy. I don’t think there has ever been a case of anyone sleeping during his lectures. You can’t help but sitting up alert thru-out his entire class, listening to every word that he says. Such is the dept of his knowledge on this subject (And also partly bcoz he asks random people questions about the case)

Anyway, I guess that means I got lots of catching up to do. Plus 3 classes of Macro-economics this week. And on top of that, my sister (the PhD one from UK) is flying to Mumbai from Mizoram on 26th this month. She will leave for London the next day so I gotta move my ass to Mumbai and see her off (Its been 3 years since I last saw her!)

Ah! Mumbai. Can’t wait to unwind over there. Mumbai here I come!

1 novocaine - procaine administered as a hydrochloride (trade name Novocain) administered near nerves as a local anesthetic in dentistry and medicine

2 comments:

Monu said...

Kima, you ought to be beaten up for not going to bbay to meet your sis(havent seen for 3 yrs) and mom(2 yrs) simply cause he doesnt like to travel!!!

Did i mention by travel im not referring to travel by train, bus, car, bike, cycle or foot...im talking about airplane!! You lazy bum :)

ThugAngel a.k.a Hipholik said...

i like this song......... Green Day are awesome....