Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Chp 686. Food on Art


So I received a few comments regarding my previous post on Mizo Chilli about the food I displayed - People really liked my table runner. The food went well with the background, they said. I agreed.

For those of you who came in late, I bought that table runner and placemat set from iCandy, a shop run by my good friend and recent mother Stephanie Halliday, who is still figuring out how to act more mature and adult than her newly born daughter Isabelle :P

You can read about her shop here - Chp 657. Get some sweet stuff at iCandy.

Even though I live alone as a bachelor, I try to make my apartment as family-like as possible. Though I eat all my food in my bedroom slumped on my bed while watching my favorite TV shows, whenever I have guests, I try to make sure we eat properly on the dining table, just like a typical normal Mizo family :)

When my mom and niece visited me a few months ago, my mom was truly impressed with my dining table setting. She was like, OMG I am so freaking proud of my boi, he is the bestest son in the whole wide world, my son is lit AF.

I mean, she never said any of those stuff, but I could feel it, you know :P

 

And of course when mom left, my other family here in Pune would come over, and the way we utilized the table runner was a little bit different… :D



Hey, at least we're doing it together on the table :D

I for one firmly believes that a family that eats (or drinks) together, stays together. That is why I always insists we dine together at the same time. Sitting down and eating together just makes everyone feel so much closer IMHO, rather than people just eating buffet style at any time they like separately.

My brother from another mother Gary Hrahsel would occasionally come to help me cook a weekend meal. See how we had set up the table properly, you won't believe this is a bachelor's pad :P


And even when it's not about food, my KP neighbors Vanzama and CTa would come over to play Jenga on my table runner because, you know, some chicas had broken their hearts once again :D


So that's a brief description about my dining table and table runner.

In this post, I would just like to put up some of the food pics I had taken on my table runner. I will not be describing them or talking about where I ordered them from etc. Let the section from here onwards be just about food. No words. Pure food. Beautiful food on beautiful traditional Mizo ipte chei design table runner. Food on Art.

See if you can identify the name of each dish, and you can reply on FB or comment on my blog post with your guesses. The one with the most correct answers will win a special lunch or dinner treat from me :) and you know when it comes to food, I don't kid around.

So here goes. Hope you enjoy this mouth-watering scrumptious show, and hope it builds up some appetite for your lunch…


Food on Art. Exhibit (01).



Food on Art. Exhibit (02).



Food on Art. Exhibit (03).



Food on Art. Exhibit (04).



Food on Art. Exhibit (05).



Food on Art. Exhibit (06).



Food on Art. Exhibit (07).



Food on Art. Exhibit (08).



Food on Art. Exhibit (09).



Food on Art. Exhibit (10).



Food on Art. Exhibit (11).



Food on Art. Exhibit (12).



Food on Art. Exhibit (13).



Food on Art. Exhibit (14).



Food on Art. Exhibit (15).



Food on Art. Exhibit (16).



Food on Art. Exhibit (17).



Food on Art. Exhibit (18).



Food on Art. Exhibit (19).



Food on Art. Exhibit (20).



Food on Art. Exhibit (21).



Food on Art. Exhibit (22).



Food on Art. Exhibit (23).



Food on Art. Exhibit (24).



Food on Art. Exhibit (25).



Food on Art. Exhibit (26).



Food on Art. Exhibit (27).



Food on Art. Exhibit (28).



Food on Art. Exhibit (29).



Food on Art. Exhibit (30).




There are many more, but I think these will do. I don't wanna drown you in food or hog your data bandwidth. Looking forward to your answers. Cheers :)


No comments: